Professor Cecelia Wigal, Head
The Engineering Program (ENGR) focuses on providing depth in engineering applications that tend to cross disciplines.
The mission of UTC’s ENGR program is to provide accessible education in the theory and application of engineering in a supportive, interdisciplinary environment that
- Prepares students for successful careers in industry, government, and academia
- Emphasizes project-based design
- Promotes life-long learning
- Serves the engineering profession
In support of this mission, UTC’s ENGR program produces graduates who, upon entering the work force or advanced studies:
- Function as successful professionals in a variety of engineering disciplines
- Function effectively in multidisciplinary environments
- Adapt to various environments
- Participate in further knowledge building opportunities
- Are progressing toward Professional Registration
The Engineering program faculty includes those with degrees in this program area as well as faculty from other programs who teach the engineering fundamental courses.
Degree and Accreditation:
Graduates of this program receive the B.S.E. degree. This program is accredited by the EAC of ABET Inc. under the Engineering Program Criteria.
Industrial (ENIE): The industrial engineering program embodies the realm of industrial engineering applications. The application of software tools and current industry practices are emphasized. The students’ experiences culminate in a one-semester industrial engineering team project supported by industry.
Students must complete the following curriculum to obtain the B.S.E. degree.