Professor Cecelia Wigal, Head
The Engineering Program (ENGR) focuses on providing depth in engineering applications that tend to cross disciplines.
The mission of UTC’s ENGR program is to provide accessible education in the theory and application of engineering in a supportive, interdisciplinary environment that
- Prepares students for successful careers in industry, government, and academia
- Emphasizes project-based design
- Promotes life-long learning
- Serves the engineering profession
In support of this mission, UTC’s ENGR program produces graduates who, upon entering the work force or advanced studies:
- Function as successful professionals in a variety of engineering disciplines
- Function effectively in multidisciplinary environments
- Adapt to various environments
- Participate in further knowledge building opportunities
- Are progressing toward Professional Registration
The Engineering program faculty includes those with degrees in this program as well as faculty from other programs who teach the engineering fundamental courses.
Degree and Accreditation:
Graduates of this program receive the B.S.E. degree. This program is accredited by the EAC of ABET Inc. under the Engineering Program Criteria.
Nuclear (ENNE): The nuclear engineering program embodies the realm of nuclear engineering especially as it is applied to the power industry. Students are provided a systems perspective and analysis of nuclear power engineering including instrumentation, reactor operating principles, simulation and modeling tool use, materials analysis, and risk and safety assessment.
Students must complete the following curriculum to obtain the B.S.E. degree.