Professor Cecelia Wigal, Head
The Engineering Program (ENGR) focuses on providing depth in engineering applications that tend to cross disciplines.
The mission of UTC’s ENGR program is to provide accessible education in the theory and application of engineering in a supportive, interdisciplinary environment that
- Prepares students for successful careers in industry, government, and academia
- Emphasizes project-based design
- Promotes life-long learning
- Serves the engineering profession
In support of this mission, UTC’s ENGR program produces graduates who, upon entering the work force or advanced studies:
- Function as successful professionals in a variety of engineering disciplines
- Function effectively in multidisciplinary environments
- Adapt to various environments
- Participate in further knowledge building opportunities
- Are progressing toward Professional Registration
The Engineering program faculty includes those with degrees in this program area as well as faculty from other programs who teach the engineering fundamental courses.
Degree and Accreditation:
Graduates of this program receive the B.S.E. degree. This program is accredited by the EAC of ABET Inc. under the Engineering Program Criteria.
Environmental (ENEV): The environmental engineering program deals with the design of processes to reduce the impact of man’s activities on the environment. The curriculum focuses on the reduction of pollution in air, water and solid waste from sources such as industry and utilities.
Students must complete the following curriculum to obtain the B.S.E. degree.