Nov 29, 2020
Rhetoric and Composition: (6 hours)
- Two approved courses in rhetoric and composition
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course
Statistics: (3 or 4 hours)
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Humanities and Fine Arts: (6 hours)
- Two approved humanities and fine arts courses, one from fine arts and one from either
Cultures and Civilizations: (9 hours total)
- Option A: Western Humanities I and II and one approved Non-Western Cultures and Civilizations or
- Option B: World Civilization I, II, III
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines
Biology - 38 hours including:
Additional Information and Notes
No more than 4 hours of 4997r and/or 4998r may be counted as part of the 38 hours of biology. All senior level students must take a major field achievement test in biology prior to graduation.
2.0 average in all biology courses.
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses.
Electives to complete 120 hours.
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.
*Also satisfies requirement in the major.
Each biology major must also complete the requirements for one of the following:
Licensure to Teach
Students seeking licensure to teach Biology should pursue their major through Biology: UTeach, B.S.