Oct 19, 2019
Rhetoric and Composition: (6 hours)
- 2 approved courses in rhetoric and composition
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Humanities and Fine Arts: (6 hours)
- Two approved humanities and fine arts courses, one from fine arts and one from either
Cultures and Civilizations: (9 hours)
- Option A: Western Humanities I and II and Non-Western Cultures and Civilizations or
- Option B: World Civilization I, II, III
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines other than Psychology
- Through second college year in one foreign language
34 hours psychology including:
One computer literacy course from:
One oral communication course from:
Methods courses involving processes of analysis, interpretation, and research in the Liberal Arts to include one course from each of the two following categories:
- Completion of a minor in one of the Liberal Arts (English, Fine Arts, Philosophy, History, Foreign Languages, or Religion) with a minimum 2.0 grade point average. The Philosophy or English methods courses can be applied toward the minor.
Additional Information and Notes
No more than 6 hours in one psychology course labeled “r’’ and no more than 9 hours of all psychology courses labeled “r” will count towards the 34 hours required for the major.
2.0 average in all psychology courses.
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses
Electives to complete 120 hours.
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.
†An approved statistics course taken from another department or institution can satisfy this requirement if a minimum grade of C was earned. In these circumstances, Psychology 2040 must still be completed in order to meet degree requirements.
*Also satisfies requirement in the major.
#Also satisfies general education requirement.