May 25, 2020
Rhetoric and Composition: (6 hours)
- Two approved courses in rhetoric and composition
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course
Statistics: (3 hours)
- One approved statistics course
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Humanities and Fine Arts: (6 hours)
- Two approved humanities (other than Philosophy and Religion) and fine arts courses, one from fine arts and one from either
Cultures and Civilizations: (9 hours total)
- Option A: Western Humanities I and II and Non-Western Cultures and Civilizations or
- Option B: World Civilization I, II, III
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines
- Through second college year in one foreign language
- Completion of a minor with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
Complete one of the following:
Additional Information and Notes
One course outside the department may count toward major with any concentration if approved by department head.
All majors in Philosophy and Religion are required to complete a senior project under the supervision of a member of the faculty. Students register for this project by taking at least three hours of PHIL 4998r or REL 4998r. Completion of a Departmental Honors project will also satisfy this requirement.
2.0 average in all philosophy and religion courses.
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses.
Electives to complete 120 hours.
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.