Jan 21, 2020
Rhetoric and Composition: (6 hours)
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course
Statistics: (3 hours)
- One approved statistics course
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Humanities and Fine Arts: (6 hours)
- Two approved humanities and fine arts courses, one from fine arts and one from either
Cultures and Civilizations: (9 hours total)
- Option A: Western Humanities I and II and Non-Western Cultures and Civilizations or
- Option B: World Civilization I, II, III
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines
- Through second college year in one foreign language
- Completion of a minor with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
- 45 hours approved program of studies related to the culture of a time and place (excluding America) or to a major idea or theme lending itself to analysis through the disciplines of the humanities. Focus on human experience as revealed in the religious, intellectual, artistic, linguistic, and social actions which characterize the chosen area of study. No more than 15 hours at 1000-2000 level and no more than 18 hours in any one discipline. Maximum of 15 of the 45 hours may be awarded by the Faculty Board for the Humanities for independent study on campus or for knowledge gained in travel or in work.
Additional Information and Notes
2.0 average in all courses within approved program of study
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses
Electives to complete 120 hours
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.