Oct 19, 2017
Rhetoric and Composition: (6 hours)
- Two approved courses in rhetoric and composition
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course; related course noted below will apply
Statistics: (3 or 4 hours)
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Humanities and Fine Arts: (6 hours)
- Two approved humanities and fine arts courses, one from fine arts and one from either
Cultures and Civilizations: (9 hours total)
- Option A: Western Humanities I and II and one approved Non-Western Cultures and Civilizations course or
- Option B: World Civilization I, II, III
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses
The following core requirement must be completed by all Environmental Science majors.
- ENGL 2820 - Scientific Writing (required within the first 60 hours) or
- ESC 4995r - Departmental Thesis
Students who have taken ENGL 2810, 2880 or 2830 and subsequently changed their major to Environmental Science will have satisfied this requirement.
- BIOL 2160 - Biostatistics or
- MATH 2100 - Introductory Statistics
Students who have taken ENGR 2220, HHP 4010, MATH 3100, 4110, PSY 2010 or SOC 2500 and subsequently changed their major to Environmental Science will have satisfied this requirement.
- MATH 1130 - College Algebra and
- MATH 1830 - Calculus for Management, Life, and Social Sciences
- MATH 1710 - Precalculus I and
- MATH 1720 - Precalculus II
- MATH 1910 - Calculus I and
- MATH 1911 - Calculus I Laboratory
(MATH 1710, 1720, 1910/1911 are required for the Chemistry, Mathematics and Engineering Science Concentrations.)
Environmental Policy and Planning (select 1 course):
Environmental Resources (select 1 course):
Environmental Methods (select 1 course):
Senior Experience (2 credit minimum):
Additional Information and Notes
2.0 average in all environmental science courses.
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses.
Electives to complete 120 hours.
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.
Each Environmental Science major must also complete the requirements for one of the following: