Apr 21, 2018
Rhetoric and Composition: (6 hours)
- Two approved courses in rhetoric and composition
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course
Statistics: (3 hours)
- One approved statistics course
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Humanities and Fine Arts: (6 hours)
- Two approved humanities and fine arts courses, one from fine arts and one from either
Cultures and Civilizations: (9 hours total)
- Option A: Western Humanities I and II and one approved Non-Western Cultures and Civilizations course or
- Option B: World Civilization I, II, III
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines. May include Communication 3200 as one of the two courses.
- Through second college year in one foreign language
- Completion of a minor with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
Completion of 33 hours of communication courses including:
Additional Information and Notes
Communication majors must take a minimum of 80 semester hours in courses outside the major, with no fewer than 65 semester hours from the liberal arts and sciences.
A communications major may complete a maximum of 30 credit hours in the College of Business Administration. This limit does not apply to students seeking the double major or degree in business and communication.
2.0 average in communication courses.
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses.
Electives to complete 120 hours.
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.