Dr. Neslihan Alp, P.E., Associate dEan of the College of Engineering and Computer Science
(423) 425-4032 or email at Neslihan-Alp@utc.edu
A Master of Science degree in engineering is offered with concentrations in chemical, civil, electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering.
Program Mission: The mission of Master of Science Engineering programs is to provide accessible education in the theory and applications of engineering that
- Prepares students for successful careers in industry, government, and academia
- Applies tools and techniques in engineering through team-based and individual-based projects
- Promotes life-long learning
- Serves the engineering profession
Program Objectives: In support of this mission, MS ENGR program produces graduates who
- Function as successful professional in a variety of engineering disciplines
- Function effectively in multidisciplinary environments
- Adapt to various environments
- Participate in further knowledge building opportunities
- Are progressing towards Professional Registration
An applicant for admission to the graduate program in engineering must meet the requirements for admission to The Graduate School. For the Graduate School requirements see “Admission Requirements ” Applicants must submit a recommendation letter from a senor manager or faculty member.
In addition to the general admission requirements of the Graduate School, students applying for admission to an Engineering master’s program are required to submit their Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within five years of application to aid the department in the evaluation of individuals for admissions.
Program of Study
Students must submit a Program of Study during the first semester of graduate coursework. The Program of Study consists of all core courses and any electives and establishes the courses the student must take for partial fulfillment of the degree requirements. The Program of Study form must include all core courses and electives, if known at the time, the student will take. The Program of Study form is located at www.utc.edu/GraduateSchool/CurrentStudentForms.
Admission to Candidacy
The Application for Admission to Candidacy is typically filed in the semester prior to a student’s anticipated graduation semester and should list all courses not listed on the Program of Study and any changes in coursework. Please refer to Admission to Candidacy section. The appropriate form may be obtained from the Graduate School Web site at www.utc.edu/graduateschool.