Sep 21, 2020
(see Certified General Education Courses for list of approved courses)
Rhetoric and Writing: (6 hours)
- Two approved courses in rhetoric and writing
Fine Arts and Humanities: (12 hours)
- Complete one approved course in each subcategory
Historical Understanding (3 hours)
Thought, Values and Beliefs (3 hours)
Visual and Performing Arts (3 hours)
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course
Statistics: (3 hours)
- One approved statistics course
Non-Western Culture: (3 hours)
- One approved non-western culture course
- Completion of a minor with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
Additional Information and Notes
2.0 GPA in all required major and related courses (including specified General Education courses).
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses.
Electives to complete 120 hours.
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.
Modern and Classical Language Licensure
Students choosing to be certified in Foreign Language Education should pursue a major in a specific language (French, Latin, Spanish, Greek and Latin) and declare a minor in Education . Those individuals will be required to meet the requirement of the initial degree as well as requirements for admission to the Teacher Education Program and state licensure requirements. This may require additional coursework.
ClearPath for Advising
The ClearPath for Advising guides provide students with an opportunity to see program requirements defined in a semester-by-semester format. The ClearPath for Advising guides also provide students with important tips, pointers, and suggestions for staying on track with progress toward the degree. Your ClearPath is available through the Center for Advisement website at https://www.utc.edu/advisement/advising-resources/clear-paths-for-advising/