Oct 23, 2018
Rhetoric and Writing: (6 hours)
- Two approved courses in rhetoric and writing
Fine Arts and Humanities: (12 hours)
- Complete one approved course in each subcategory
Historical Understanding (3 hours)
Thought, Values and Beliefs (3 hours)
Visual and Performing Arts (3 hours)
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course
Statistics: (3 hours)
- One approved statistics course
Non-Western Culture: (3 hours)
- One approved non-western culture course
- Complete two years in one foreign language or equivalent through placement.
- Completion of a minor with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
- 45 hours approved program of studies related to the culture of a time and place (excluding America) or to a major idea or theme lending itself to analysis through the disciplines of the humanities. Focus on human experience as revealed in the religious, intellectual, artistic, linguistic, and social actions which characterize the chosen area of study. No more than 15 hours at 1000-2000 level and no more than 18 hours in any one discipline. Maximum of 15 of the 45 hours may be awarded by the Faculty Board for the Humanities for independent study on campus or for knowledge gained in travel or in work.
- For Humanities: International Studies, 21 hours are required at upper-level from the disciplines immediately associated with international studies: Anthropology, Foreign Languages, History, Political Science, Religion. A senior capstone project (HUM 4960 , 1 credit hour) is also required. Majors are encouraged to travel or study abroad, and to develop a curriculum of study that concentrates on a particular world region or country.
Additional Information and Notes
2.0 average in all courses within approved program of study.
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses.
Electives to complete 120 hours.
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.