Jan 24, 2018
Rhetoric and Writing: (6 hours)
- Two approved courses in rhetoric and writing
Fine Arts and Humanities: (12 hours)
- Complete one approved course in each subcategory
Historical Understanding (3 hours)
Thought, Values and Beliefs (3 hours)
Visual and Performing Arts (3 hours)
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course
Statistics: (3 hours)
- One approved statistics course
Non-Western Culture: (3 hours)
- One approved non-western culture course
- Complete two years in one foreign language or equivalent through placement.
- Completion of a minor with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
39 hours in history including:
Any two of the following:
At least two courses in the categories of United States, European, and World Histories (18 hours)
- Six hours must be 2000-level from different categories.
- Twelve hours must be 3000-level with at least one 3000-level course in each category.
I. United States History:
The following special topics courses may be approved by the department head for credit in the most appropriate regional category:
At least one of the following 4000 level courses (3 hours):
Additional Information and Notes
2.0 GPA in all required major and related courses (including specified General Education courses).
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses
Electives to complete 120 hours
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.
#Also satisfies general education requirement.