Apr 05, 2020
Rhetoric and Writing: (6 hours)
- Two approved courses in rhetoric and writing
Fine Arts and Humanities: (12 hours)
- Complete one approved course in each subcategory
Historical Understanding (3 hours)
Thought, Values and Beliefs (3 hours)
Visual and Performing Arts (3 hours)
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines
Mathematics: (3 hours; approved related courses below will apply)
- One approved mathematics course
Statistics: (3 hours)
- One approved statistics course
Non-Western Culture: (3 hours)
- One approved non-western culture course
The following are recommended for students who plan on graduate study in physics/astronomy.
Additional Information and Notes
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses, which includes a minimum of 30 hours in physics and/or astronomy at the 3000 and 4000 level.
2.0 GPA in all required major and related courses (including specified General Education courses).
Electives to complete 120 hours.
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.
ClearPath Showcases provide students with an opportunity to see program requirements defined in a semester-by-semester format. The ClearPath Showcases also provide students with important tips, pointers, and suggestions for staying on track with progress toward the degree. Students should also meet regularly with their academic advisor.