Aug 19, 2019
(see Certified General Education Courses for list of approved courses)
Rhetoric and Writing: (6 hours)
- Two approved courses in rhetoric and writing
Fine Arts and Humanities: (12 hours)
- Complete one approved course in each subcategory
Historical Understanding (3 hours)
Thought, Values and Beliefs (3 hours)
Visual and Performing Arts (3 hours)
Natural Sciences: (7-8 hours)
- Two approved natural science courses, at least one including a laboratory component
Behavioral and Social Sciences: (6 hours)
- Two approved behavioral or social science courses in two different disciplines
Mathematics: (3 hours)
- One approved mathematics course
Statistics: (3 hours)
- One approved statistics course
Non-Western Culture: (3 hours)
- One approved non-western culture course
- Complete two years in one foreign language or equivalent through placement.
- Completion of a minor with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
30 hours philosophy beyond 1000 level including:
Additional Information and Notes
One course outside the department may count toward major with any concentration if approved by department head.
All majors in Philosophy and Religion are required to complete a senior project under the supervision of a member of the faculty. Students register for this project by taking at least three hours of PHIL 4994r . Completion of a Departmental Honors project will also satisfy this requirement.
2.0 GPA in all required major and related courses (including specified General Education courses).
Minimum of 39 hours of 3000 and 4000 level courses.
Electives to complete 120 hours.
See Degree and Graduation Requirements for additional requirements.
ClearPath Showcases provide students with an opportunity to see program requirements defined in a semester-by-semester format. The ClearPath Showcases also provide students with important tips, pointers, and suggestions for staying on track with progress toward the degree. Students should also meet regularly with their academic advisor.