Dr. Neslihan Alp, Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs
(423) 425-4032 or email at Neslihan-Alp@utc.edu
A Master of Science degree in engineering is offered with programs in chemical, civil, computational, electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering. The mechanical engineering program has an energy option and a mechanics option. An environmental option is available under chemical engineering if additional course work is taken.
Program Mission: The mission of Master of Science Engineering programs is to provide accessible education in the theory and applications of engineering that
- Prepares students for successful careers in industry, government, and academia
- Applies tools and techniques in engineering through team-based and individual-based projects
- Promotes life-long learning
- Serves the engineering profession
Program Objectives: In support of this mission, engineering gradua program produces graduates who
- Function as successful professional in a variety of engineering disciplines
- Function effectively in multidisciplinary environments
- Adapt to various environments
- Participate in further knowledge building opportunities
- Are progressing towards Professional Registration
An applicant for admission to the graduate program in engineering must meet the requirements for admission to The Graduate School. For the Graduate School requirements see Admission Requirements . (See Engineering: Computational Engineering, M.S. for a list of supplementary materials requested by that department to assist its faculty in evaluating applicants.)
Programs of Study
Students must submit a Program of Study during the first semester of graduate coursework. The Program of Study consist of all core courses and any electives and establishes the courses the student must take for partial fulfillment of the degree requirements. The Program of Study form must include all core courses and electives, if known at the time, the student will take. The Program of Study form is located at www.utc.edu/GraduateSchool/CurrentStudentForms.
Admission to Candidacy
The Application for Admission to Candidacy is typically filed in the semester prior to a student’s anticipated graduation semester and should list all courses not listed on the Program of Study and any changes in coursework. Please refer to Admission to Candidacy section. The appropriate form may be obtained from the Graduate School Web site at www.utc.edu/graduateschool.