Return to: College of Engineering and Computer Science
Dr. William Sutton, Professor, Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science
(423) 425-2256 or email at Will-Sutton@utc.edu
Dr. David Whitfield, Associate Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science
(423) 425-5510 or email at Dave-Whitfield@utc.edu
Dr. Neslihan Alp, Assistant Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science for Graduate Studies and Research
(423) 425-4032 or email at Neslihan-Alp@utc.edu
College Mission: The College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga strives to serve the people, businesses, and industries of our region and support their technical needs. The College exists as the region’s principal resource for educational, applied research, and service programs.
College Objectives: Grounded in the application of scientific and mathematical principles and based on a commitment to interdisciplinary study, our programs and activities:
- Prepare undergraduate students for rewarding professional careers or graduate study and for a lifetime of creative thinking and adaptive learning as productive citizens;
- Prepare post-baccalaureate and graduate students for continuing professional development and career advancement;
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning through scholarship in our disciplines;
- Perform and disseminate applied research that solves problems of transforming information, matter, and energy into structures, machines, products, technologies, systems, organizations, and processes; and
- Serve the University and our professional communities with leadership and distinction.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science offers certificate programs, master’s degrees, and a doctorate.