Dr. Valerie Rutledge Dean of the College of Health, Education and Professional Studies
(423) 425-5374 or email at Valerie-Rutledge@utc.edu
The mission of the faculty and staff in the College of Health, Education and Professional Studies is to collaboratively engage students in diverse, high quality learning with opportunities for research and service within the metropolitan community. In fulfilling this mission, the College is committed to:
- Enhancing the bodies of knowledge in each of its disciplines.
- Promoting the values and ethics of a truth-seeking, caring college.
- Serving diverse populations by preparing family and social service experts; health and lifestyle professionals; and leaders and teachers for the 21st century.
- Promoting critical partnerships with communities for the development of socially responsible leaders.
Departments within the College include Health and Human Performance, Interior Design, the School of Education, the School of Nursing, Physical Therapy, and Social Work. Graduate programs are offered through the School of Education, the School of Nursing, Health and Human Performance, and Physical Therapy.
Programs in the College have earned accreditation from the following organizations:
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Tennessee State Department of Education
National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) ( formerly FIDER)
National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
American Dietetics Association (ADA)
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Council of Accreditation (COA) for Nurse Anesthesia
Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CCATE)
Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education/American Physical Therapy Association (CAPTE)